Using my blog over the year has been a great tool for me, as it has helped me analyze and think about the books I read, as well as help me appreciate the genius concepts, morals, and themes that the authors put into their stories. By writing on my blog, I found out that I didn't pay attention to detail enough when reading, as I often times failed to see subtle themes. Reflecting on my book forced me to go back in and look for these things, and I think it has helped me pay attention to detail more when I read. Personally, I think that writing online is much, much better than writing in a notebook- if you can limit online distractions. I feel that writing in a notebook can be a bit more restraining, since it's a bit more physically tiring to write everything you think, and because when writing on a notebook you have to worry about erasing and keeping the work neat. On a computer on the other hand, I can write as much I want, and then keep the best. The internet also offers a wide variety of ressources for writing, but also many distractions just clicks away. In the end, I think that online writing can be more liberating because there are very little restraints.
It may be just me and the people I see online, but I think that many people's online personas are very much like their real ones. I think that's it's a bit of a myth that people are fake online, and I think that social media is actually a good place for people to show who they really are, and not a fake version of themselves. Of course, there are some who share certain things to make people think they are a ceratin type of person, but the majority of the people I see online are often true to themselves. On the other hand, I completely agree that many people type things that they wouldn't dare say to people's faces. This can be beneficial in some cases if people are afraid of a person's reaction in face to face but really need to get it off their chest, but often times the things said are harmful, and no things that people would say directly to others. This is one negative effect I think social media has: it makes us feel safe, as if a screen can protect us, but in reality social media can be just as dangerous as the real world, and our actions online often have consequences.
In conclusion, I definitely enjoyed my first experience of having a blog, and I think it really helped develop my writing skills, as well as my reading ones. I think blogs are a great way to change the way we think about books, and also a great way to express out thoughts and opinions, and I am grateful for the experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment